Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Cannot decrypt HTTPS traffic

From: Michael Gorsuch <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:48:46 -0400
> I am trying to decrypt HTTPS traffic using an exported certificate from a W2003 Server using the MMC "certmgr" "snapin".

Not being an expert, I can only tell you how *I* got it to work.  I
exported my cert in IIS as a pfx file, and then import it via openssl.

I did something like so:

$ openssl pkcs12 -in exported_cert.pfx -out cert.perm -nodes

It prompted me for my password (set at export time), and then I was able
to configure the SSL protocol preferences in Wireshark to read the file.

Hope that is of some use.

Michael Gorsuch
http://www.styledbits.com