Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wimaxintel.dll

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:37:09 -0700
Etay Luz wrote:

I need to work with the wimaxintel.dll file to interpret MAC messages.

Is that part of Wireshark? I don't see anything in the current version that would build a wimaxintel.dll plugin - a wimax.dll plugin, yes, but no wimexintel.dll plugin.

Also, we would like to buy a license for commercial use of Wireshark.

No such license exists - it's GPLed software, and the only license for its use is the GPL, which means that even if we *did* charge you for it, we couldn't stop you from giving it away to anybod you wanted.

That license doesn't forbid commercial use:

	http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.7

other than, for example, making a modified version of Wireshark, or any code in Wireshark, and not offering that version, including all the modifications, under the GPL:

	http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.8

Does anyone know where I can get support to buy this product (phone number, email)?

As indicated, there's no place where you can buy a license for commercial use of Wireshark - it's free.

You can, however, buy support for the product:

	http://www.cacetech.com/support/sharknet-support.htm