Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark conference

From: "Small, James" <JSmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:08:22 -0400
Gerald,

Perhaps various 1-2 hours sessions including:
Advanced packet selection

Using LUA with Wireshark

Using MATE

Case studies of using Wireshark to:
Solve performance problems
Uncover security problems

Perhaps also labs demonstrating/allowing the ability to solve the above

How to write your own dissector

Advanced scripting/command line usage with tshark and related utilities

Graphing with Wireshark

Using Wireshark for advanced http analysis

Using Wireshark for advanced SSL analysis

Using Wireshark for advanced SMB analysis

And of course to round it out for people getting started:

Network Analysis with Wireshark - Where do I start?

Introduction to TCP/IP

Overview of common network protocols (http, DNS, SSL, SMB, ARP, etc...)

Perhaps some other mid level courses...

--Jim