Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MATE transformations

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:57:29 +0200
Luis,

Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
Can you run it under a debugger and get a backtrace

$ gdb /path_to/tshark
(gdb) run -V -q file.cap
-- crashes in the meanwhile
(gdb) bt

I should have said that I used Wireshark under MS Windows up to now.

In order to provide the backtrace, I now tried it with Linux (Ubuntu
Feisty). Feisty only has version 0.99.4. Neither Wireshark nor tshark crash with the mentioned MATE script.

I'll try to get a 0.99.5 on Linux compiled and installed.

Bernhard