Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Ping not showing up

From: someone somewhere <chaos755@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:41:51 +0200
Today, my ISP was having some problems.  Before I knew that it was the ISP's fault, I ran wireshark but got some strange results.  I only got ARP and DHCP traffic when I was pinging a host with no success (by ip address, not dns name).  Why didn't at least the outgoing ping request show up ?  According to windows, I did have a valid ip address.

Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!