Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on CentOS4.5 crashing

From: "Richard Andrews" <randrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:28:19 -0400

Hello,

I’m trying to analyze a massive dump file ~1.6GB and unfortunately it is causing wireshark to crash.  This is most likely due to lack of system resources after a certain period when trying to load the file.  Any suggestions other than grabbing a new smaller capture, or maybe someone could recommend what the best capture filter would be to log only the traffic destined for port 80 that could potentially be a Syn flood attack?

Thank you,