Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Packet-Loss-Calculation in Wireshark

From: Eram Khan <eramk2003@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:49:00 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!!

My name is Eram. Im doing my thesis-project: Determining the Parameters of VoIP Connections in Remote Access Applications.

I have a question about the Packet-Loss calculation. How does Wireshark calculate the packet-loss rate shown in the Statistics->RTP->Show all Streams table?

I have gone thru the rfc3550 but its quite complicated there. Could anyone help me out with it? I cant seem to find a method for it.

thanks a lot

Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster �berfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail .