Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] DNS Request in Traceroute

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 23:37:19 +0200
The traceroute command was asked to display names (or it wasn't asked not to display them with "-n") so for every hop, before sending the probe it tries to resolve the name.

If you call it with a "-n" option it wont.
If you try it twice in fast sequence (without "-n") you'll notice that the second time it won't do these requests (they were cached).