Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Connecting to a remote device

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:11:40 -0800

On Feb 8, 2007, at 5:57 AM, Hans Nilsson wrote:

Maybe he wants something like "rpcapd"?

I.e., a rpcapd for the Firewall box? That wouldn't be the same thing as what Winsyslog does, but if you're using a version of WinPcap with remote capture support (or have added that support to libpcap and are using that version of libpcap), it'd let you capture from that box.

I don't know whether you could install it on the firewall box, however.