Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Difference between wiretap, winpcap and libpcap

From: Vishnu Bhatt <vishnu.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:50:12 +0530

Hello,

Can somebody explain to me the exact difference between the above three? I read in the doc that wiretap is used to read .pcap or any other extn file and winpcap and libpcap are libraries used to capture packets in wireshark.

Thanks

Vishnu Bhatt

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.