Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] qtshark startup time ~1 minute just printing messages

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:03:01 -0400
On 2013-09-10, at 12:58 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Evan,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 09:08:59PM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
It should be fixed in r51914 (see the commit message for more details).
Joerg, please let me know if it now works for you (or if you are in fact
seeing a different bug).

Fixed.

Thanks!

Now that it is working, the only question left is: What's the use case for
this progress bar?

Not sure, Gerald probably knows the answer. I think probably just to provide an indication that it's not stuck on much slower machines where startup (especially with a cold cache) can take a nontrivial amount of time.

   Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>