Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed Gerrit workflow (was: Re: Notes from Sharkfest '13)

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:57:04 -0700

On 06/28/2013 07:21 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> On 06/22/13 06:47, Bálint Réczey wrote:
>> Hi All,

>>> Yes, although managing repositories being what Gerrit do, Gerrit
>>> without a least one repository would be a very boring application.
>> :-)
>>
>> I have started describing a Gerrit based workflow which IMO would fit to
>> the project at http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Workflow . Please
>> check it and share your opinion.
>
> It would probably be good to include how/where patch submitters would
> attach other attachments (e.g., sample captures) that go along with their
> patch (I spent a little time going through the Gerrit docs and didn't find
> anything like that).  (A large portion of the patches we accept need to
> have a corresponding test capture file before anyone will accept it.)

Gerrit does not replace the bug tracker, in fact it complements it, so the
attachments would still be stored in the bug - unless they are used for
something useful for the build, like regression testing, in which case they
would be part of the patchset.

It is possible to configure Gerrit to link automatically to the Bugzilla bugs:

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#_a_id_trackingid_a_section_trackingid

- --
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx