Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filebacked-tvbuffs : GSoC'13

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:28:20 -0400
A few misc notes on this topic in no particular order:

- Once everything is converted to wmem (after 1.10 branches) it would
be trivial to write a backend allocator that collected statistics on
memory usage.

- Has anybody ever tried to see if Massif
(http://valgrind.org/info/tools.html#massif) gives any interesting
data on memory usage? That's what it's for.

- Our reassembly code is a bit of a mess anyways, as Guy's recent
commit indicates. It could use a general cleanup and simplification
just on general principle.

Cheers,
Evan