Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFC: USBPcap

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:14:00 +0100
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Max Baker <max@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I will be very interested in trying this.   I assume this will only work on
>> Windows 7, right?
>
> I have updated the README with instructions on how to compile it for Windows 8.
>
> USBPcap can be compiled for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and
> Windows 8. It was tested and is known to work on Windows 7 and Windows
> 8.

Just a quick follow-up: I have tested it on Windows XP and noticed
that the installation process takes so long that I changed the way the
filter driver is installed.
It is now confirmed to work on Windows XP as well as on Windows 7 and 8.

As a bonus point the installation is now much faster and removal is
fairly easy now.