Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ERROR:packet.c:1531:heur_dissector_add: assertion failed: (s

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:24:47 +0100
Hi

Could you please just write, how you want to start wireshark? Have you
downloaded it from the net, or did you compile the svn version?

Usually the message can appear, if wireshark is not able to load the
plugins correctly. If you have compiled wireshark for Linux yourself,
you usually can avoid that by copying the plugins from the build/lib
subdirectory to $HOME/.wireshark/plugins

regards,
Roland