Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark on 64 bit

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:47:12 -0700
On Aug 3, 2011, at 2:39 AM, sagar Guledagudda wrote:

> [...]

The signature of dissector_delete() was

	void dissector_delete(const char *name, const guint32 pattern, dissector_handle_t handle);

The signature of dissector_delete_uint() is

	void dissector_delete_uint(const char *name, const guint32 pattern, dissector_handle_t handle);

which is exactly the same as that of dissector_delete(), so you're mistaken when you say the signature of dissector_delete() doesn't match any of the functions Anders mentioned.

> and if i remove that line it gives same error for dissector_add function.

So use dissector_add_uint() instead.

BTW, in 1.6 and the trunk, dissector_add() and dissector_delete() are macros that wrap dissector_add_uint() and dissector_delete_uint().  If you're not including epan/packet.h, those macros aren't defined, but if you're not including epan/packet.h, a whole bunch of functions aren't declared, so no formal arguments vs. real arguments checks are done, so you should make sure whatever source file that contains the code that is calling dissector_add() and dissector_delete() is including epan/packet.h.