Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building pruned-down version of tshark

From: Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan <vdharani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:11:28 -0700
Hi Christopher/Guy,

Thanks for the quick response. Let me give it a try.

Regards
dharani

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan <vdharani@...> writes:

> I am trying to reduce the size. I would like to explore various ways like
remove support for some protocols (USB, ATM, etc) and do static build, etc. I
did see some pointers related to this but it looks like they are outdated.

You might try editing epan/dissectors/Makefile.common, removing all the
protocols of no interest to you.  You can also try building "--with-plugins=no"
if none of the plugin dissectors interest you.