Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Query regarding PPP PAP decoding

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 01:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
I am new to PPP. I request your help in answeing the following
query.

I had a request from one of my colleagues who is using
Wireshark 1.4.0 on Windows to decode PPP packets.
Its regarding the Peer Id and password fields in PPP PAP messages.
Why are they limited to showing only the length and not the whole
contents?

For eg: the dissecting of the PAP message goes on something like this:
- PPP Password Authentication Protocol
   Code: Authenticate-Request (0x01)
   Identifier: 0x01
   Length: 22
 - Data (18 bytes)
    - Peer Id length: 8 bytes
      Peer-Id (8 bytes)
    - Password length: 8 bytes
      Password (8 bytes)

Why is the Peer Id and the password contents not shown?

Thanks,
Srinivasa Pradeep