Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Having the buildbot build Wireshark 64-bit for Mac OS X (was

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:20:56 +0200
On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:37 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

> Guy Harris wrote:
>> On Apr 27, 2010, at 11:36 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
>>
>>> Given that the MacOS buildbot (at least the Intel one) is so fast, would
>>> it make sense to also build a 64-bit version of Wireshark?
>>
>> As long as we make sure it works on Leopard before we offer it to Leopard users.
>
> Well, yes :-).
>
> I guess I had assumed that most of the developers were using 64-bit, it
> was just a question of what is being built by the buildbot.
The intel and ppc buildbots currently run Leopard and build 32-bit
applications.

I can update the intel buildbot to SnowLeopard and rebuild the required
libs. Then we would have a 64-bit version.

It might also be possible to add another buildbot running SnowLeopard.
But if I remember it correctly, Gerald was not so happy with having
another buildbot.

So should the buildbot be upgraded?

Best regards
Michael