Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem building Wireshark on redhat 4.6

From: Varun Gupta <varun.gupta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:21:51 +0530

Hi,

I am facing issues building wireshark-0.99.8 code on my red hat machine. I am getting following error on running ./configure:

checking for pkg-config... no

checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no

*** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.

*** See http://pkgconfig.sourceforge.net

configure: error: GTK+ isn't available, so Wireshark can't be compiled

Then I tried:

./configure --disable-gtk2

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2... no

*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found

*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in

*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the

*** full path to gtk-config.

configure: error: GTK+ isn't available, so Wireshark can't be compiled

I tried few basic things based on the error but none worked.

I have following GTK related rpm’s already installed on my machine:

pygtk2-libglade-2.4.0-1

gtk+-1.2.10-33

pygtk2-2.4.0-1

authconfig-gtk-4.6.5-3.1

gtkhtml2-2.6.2-1

gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.6.0-3

gtkhtml3-3.3.2-3

gtk-engines-0.12-5

gtk2-engines-2.2.0-6

gtksourceview-1.1.0-4

gtk2-2.4.13-12

gtkspell-2.0.7-2

usermode-gtk-1.74-1

If anybody has any idea on how to solve this issue please help me.

Thanks,

Varun

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."