Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Use of Expert Info failed

From: Christian Gurk <christian.gurk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:44:01 +0100
Hi together,

I tried to use the Expert Info feature to get a fast "statistic" about checksum errors in my protocol. So, when a message has a wrong CRC, I rise a Expert warn. It shows nicely in the message list (as a yellow marking), but it doesn't show up in the Expert Info Analyse Window.

Here my code snipplet:

    if (tree) { // we are being asked for details -------------------------------------------
        guint32 offset = 0;
        guint32 length = 0;
// add subtree for MPIC com7 protocol mpic_com7_item = proto_tree_add_protocol_format(tree, proto_mpic_com7, tvb, 0, -1,
		      "MPIC COM7 frame (raw bytes: %3d, decrypted bytes: %3d, framestatus: %s)",
		      datalen, j, match_strval(framestatus,framestatusnames));
mpic_com7_tree = proto_item_add_subtree(mpic_com7_item, ett_mpic_com7_length);

// Add subitems proto_tree_add_uint(mpic_com7_tree, hf_mpic_com7_length, tvb, 0, i, datalen);
        proto_tree_add_uint(mpic_com7_tree, hf_mpic_com7_checksum, tvb, 0, 0, inbyte);
		if (framecheck != 0)
		{
			pi = proto_tree_add_text(mpic_com7_tree, tvb, 0, 0, "Calculated CRC: 0x%02x -> CRC ERROR	!", framecheck);
			expert_add_info_format(pinfo, pi, PI_CHECKSUM, PI_WARN, "CRC8 ERROR");
		}
proto_tree_add_uint(mpic_com7_tree, hf_mpic_com7_framestatus, tvb, 0, 0, framestatus); }

Did I something wrong? As I said, it works nicely for the message list, but not for the Expert Info Analysis. Attached a screenshot, you can see my "warn" Info and the following "error" warning looking quite the same. I know, that the error might mask out my warning, if they're in the same message, but I also have messages only with a warning, the problem is the same...
Could anyone help me?
Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Gurk
Electronics Working Group / Research & Development

JPEG image