Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Improved "interactive" statistics?

From: "Nicolas Gendron" <Nicolas.Gendron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:09:27 -0400
I want to gather some stats on an homemade protocol.

I played with "stats_tree_register", "stats_tree_create_node", etc.
It works great ... for counting packets.

Now, I would want to calculate some round trip time (like a tcp ping)
based on some information a user enters.

I can't see how I can do the following with the stats interface :
	- Allow the user to provide information for stats gathering
(e.g. two strings)
	- Allow the user to reset stats
	- Display some "non counting" stats (e.g. ms for the round trip
time)

Maybe the stats_tree_xxxx is not the way to go.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Nic