Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector_add parameter

From: Mahesh K <mks_97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:08:48 +0000

I was using a a user defined DLT (147).

Additionally, I tried the following test:

Step1:

In the dissector, I added the following code:

dissector_add("tcp.port", 10001, fooHandle);

Step 2:
 I took a sample hex dump of my message and converted to pcap using text2pcap e.g. : %text2pcap -l 147 myMsg.txt myMsg.pcap

Step3:

I then tried adding an entry to decode DLT 147 with the custom "Foo" dissector  (Edit->Preferences->Protocols>DLT_USER->Edit Encapsulations Table

However, wireshark was unable to find my dissector (although it is registered).

The above works when I use the following:

%text2pcap -T 10001,10001 myMsg.txt myMsg.pcap

However, I don't want the TCP headers added.

Any ideas on how to get this working with a user defined DLT? Thanks,

--Mahesh