Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Questions reg. compressed xml containing base64 data in wireshar

From: siri m <svu004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:52:45 -0800
Hi,

We are using wireshark 0.99.7 on linux for legacy reasons and maintaining custom plugins that were developed during the time of ethereal 0.10.12. There are couple of questions:

1. Can wireshark display xml data directly in the wireshark GUI given the binary data, without the need of external parsers like SCEW to display it in our custom plugin?

2. If yes to the above question, can it handle xml data which internally might contain base 64 encoded data? (I would like to avoid parsing the internal xml if possible to finding the encoded data and then, decoding it...)

3. Can wireshark handle gzip compressed xml data?

Any inputs/suggestions/pointers will really help me to solve the issues,

Thanks,