Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] LTE MAC

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:55:45 +0000
Hi,

I just submitted an LTE MAC dissector.  In order to decode MAC frames it needs to know at least :
- the RNTI type associated with the frame
- direction (uplink or downlink)

These and other fields that can be passed to the dissector are in epan/dissectors/packet-mac-lte.h.  I've added support for filling in this info from the DCT2000 format (see packet-catpault-dct2000.c, attach_mac_lte_info()).

I'd be happy to try to help anyone else who's working with LTE MAC to call the dissector from whatever file format or encapsulation they may be using.

Regards,
Martin