Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.0.5 is now available

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 02:22:29 +0100
Gerald Combs schrieb:
June is so very far away and there are a ton of cool new features in the trunk.
Do we really have to wait that long? :)

Well, if we are in a hurry, we might be able to have a christmas release - SCNR ;-)

If I copy /trunk to /trunk-1.2 around March or April, that should give us time
to make one or two testing releases followed by 1.2.0 in time for Sharkfest.

Sounds reasonable.

We would then have to stabilize the following by June:

  - Native OS X support (which depends on Imendio)
  - GeoIP support (a Windows DLL needs to be located or created)

Hmmm, seems to be a commercial product. How about community driven hostip.info? At least it seems they provide the whole database for download ...

  - Any other features we add between now and next spring

Obviously!

Does this sound reasonable?

Yes :-)

Regards, ULFL