Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] error on building the package on solaris10

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:53:55 +0530
Hi ,

Thanks Jaff , I could successfully build the package.
Again, i tried to build the package with the different Package name.
Now i changed the package name in configure file to Wireshark_Chandra and tried to build the package, then i got the following error:

## Building pkgmap from package prototype file.

## Processing pkginfo file.

pkgmk: ERROR: invalid package abbreviation <Wireshark_Chandra>

## Packaging was not successful.

Setting file permissions in /export/home/wireshark-1.0.0/packaging/staging/Wireshark_Chandra.inst tree to 644.

Setting directory permissions in /export/home/wireshark-1.0.0/packaging/staging/Wireshark_Chandra.inst tree to 755.

pkgtrans: ERROR: unable to complete package transfer

    - no packages were selected from </export/home/wireshark-1.0.0/packaging/staging>

*** Error code 1

The following command caused the error:

if test xyes = xyes ; then \

        rm -rf `cd . && pwd`/packaging/staging/Wireshark_Chandra.inst ; \

        make DESTDIR=`cd . && pwd`/packaging/staging/Wireshark_Chandra.inst install; \

        ./packaging/svr4/mkpkg \

                Wireshark_Chandra \

                Wireshark_Chandra-1.0.0-solaris2.10-sparc-local \

                /export/home/exe\

                `cd . && pwd`/packaging/staging ; \

else \

        echo "Error: SVR4 packaging tools not found." ; \

        echo "Package build abandoned." ; \

fi

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `svr4-package'

What i could observe is

1) Wireshark_Chandra directory is not formed in staging directory and even i explicitly kept the directory then also same error is repeated.

2) In Wireshark_Chandra.inst directory only export directory is formed with the binaries in it.

regards,

Chandra.