Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Diameter parsing

From: "Cloud Strife" <tipidpc.ataman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:16:20 +0800
Hello
I know its off topic but I need some clarifications. I just want to have a general overview on how to parse DIAMETER packets. I have recently parsed RADIUS packets using ethereal/wireshark and freeradius source codes as guide. In DIAMETER, it is very different. Checking on ethereal/wireshark and opendiameter source code, there seems a need to have an XML parser? Why is that? Isn't it just extract this data/value from this byte to that byte like in RADIUS? Moving forward, I need to encode and decode DIAMETER packets. I'm currently reading RFC 3588.Additional insights will help me further. Thanks.