Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ADNS alternative

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:25:51 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:
Jaap Keuter wrote:

Hi list,

I've stumbled upon c-ares (http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/) as a
possible replacement for ADNS, which we currently have as async DNS resolver
library.
Pro's: Still being developed, IPv6 support, multi-platform, MIT license.
Con's: May suffer from same memory allocation issues on Win32 as does ADNS.

Does anyone have further insights into the use of this library?

It looks interesting. The fact that it's documented and actively developed is
encouraging.

It also has some Freexxx() functions that seem to handle freeing allocations that the lib makes.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice