Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] : Plugin dissector not called when wireshark reassembles the mes

From: Merlin Hooze <me_merlin18@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:34:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I have created a plugin for wireshark, which works fine normally but its not able to dissect when the message is split and reassembled by wireshark. In my dissector I am using the following function as below..

tcp_dissect_pdus(message_tvb, pinfo, tree, TRUE, 5,
    get_myplugin_pdu_len, dissect_myplugin);

But when i capture the trace, I can see the protocol as [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU] only. Looks like the dissector function for my plugin is not called.
I guess [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU] is displayed when wireshark is reassembling the packets. So when its reassembling then why its not calling my dissector after it has reassembled ?

Any hints ?

Thanks..

Be a better friend, newshound, and