Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How should we solve bug #2202

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:15:52 -0700
We have bug #2202 open for a problem where Wireshark is reporting an
incorrect PPPoE payload length (as read from the PPPoE protocol data)
when it is compared to the entire tvb length.  The problem is that there
is an Ethernet trailer at the end that isn't being recognized as an
Ethernet trailer.  One fix I have come up with is to call the
tvb_set_reported_length() function to "chop off" the Ethernet trailer so
the Ethernet dissector recognizes it as such.  However, this would
defeat the check of PPPoE payload length vs. actual length available.
Can anyone think of a better fix?

Thanks,
  Steve