Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problemems with proto_tree_new_item after update

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:33:26 +0100
Hi,

Did you recompile your plugin for 0.99.7? I guess not.

From the Wiki:
Plugins are not portable between versions. Ever wondered why Wireshark keeps its plugins in a directory named after its version? That is because the plugin interface is considered an internal interface to Wireshark. Therefore it is not stable (as API and ABI) and can change with every version. So when moving from one version to the next you get a fresh install of plugins for this version. When using a 3rd party plugin, request a fresh build from the supplier.

Thanx,
Jaap

Sebastian Breilmann wrote:
Hallo!

After an update from 0.99.6 to 0.99.7 I have problems with a custom dissector
I wrote. On 0.99.6 everything was fine, but now I get the mssage "[Dissector
bug, protocol RTSU: proto.c:1064: failed assertion "length == 6"]". I have no
idea to solve this :( Below is my disscetor-Source. Thank you for your help!