Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.6 build problems on Windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:32:04 +0100
Michael Lum wrote:
> I tried this, the command-line I used to generate the .i file was:

<SNIP>
> filesystem.c
> C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\INCLUDE\exdisp.h(3766) : fatal error C1070:
> mismatched #if/#endif pair in fi
> le 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\INCLUDE\exdisp.h'
>
> The file date is consistent with all of the other files in the
> directory.
> 24/04/1998 so it hasn't been modified.
>
> The file appears to have a mismatched "#endif" at line 1446.
> 1446:#endif     /* __FolderItemVerbs_INTERFACE_DEFINED__ */

Odd.  I have the same file, with the same date and time, but that exact
line appears at line 4564 in the file.

As I've previously mentioned, I always used the SDK with VC 6, and that
definition has moved out of there into ShlDisp.h.  Practical experience
in my day job has shown that the SDK was mandatory when using VC6, up
until we switched to VS2005 18 months ago.  Although things may compile
without the SDK, we found that code just didn't run very well when
exposed to different platforms.

Just as a thought, you do have the latest SP for VC6 installed don't you?

Apart from that have you thought about moving to VC2005EE ?

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice