Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] NetXRay 2.2 fileformat

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:56:27 +0200
Den 17. aug. 2007 kl. 22.11 skrev Guy Harris:

I checked in a change to make the code that handles LAPB packets do the same check for two bytes in the record header to decide whether there's
4 bytes of junk at the end of the packet that we do for other types.
That seems to fix the capture you sent, at least; try it on other captures.

Yes, thank you.  This works for all my X.25 captures.

Do the first 16 bits of the data look, in some packets, as if they're
random enough that they might be an FCS?

The data in the last 4 bytes is the same as the data at the same offset in the previous frame, so this has to be junk.

--
Stig Bjørlykke