Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] IMS-Information AVP not correctly parsed

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:58:17 +0100
Change the type-name attribute to "Time".

Someone (maybe me, but not for a few days at best) needs to
rationalise these duplicated AVPs (between dictionary.xml and
chargecontrol.xml).  Anders?

If you get it dissecting nicely there, please do send patches to this list!

Martin

On 7/5/07, cco <cristian.constantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:40:55PM +0100, Martin Mathieson wrote:
> Assuming you're using xmllib, the quick fix for you would be to remove
> the IMS-Information entry from diameter/chargecontrol.xml and rely
> upon the better-looking entry in dictionary.xml.
>
> I'm not sure why these AVPs are defined in both places....

cristian: hi martin! thanks. I had a look in the dictionary.xml at the
IMS-Information avp and its component avps definitions. specifically at
timestamps:

<avp name="SIP-Request-Timestamp" code="834" mandatory="must"
may-encrypt="no" protected="mustnot" vendor-bit="mustnot" vendor-id="TGPP"
>$
<type type-name="UTF8String"/>$
</avp>$
<avp name="SIP-Response-Timestamp" code="835" mandatory="must"
may-encrypt="no" protected="mustnot" vendor-bit="mustnot" vendor-id="TGPP"
>$
<type type-name="UTF8String"/>$
</avp>$

I think they are supposed to be of Time type. (type is def. in diameter
base protocol). here are the relevant defs from 3gpp specs (32.299):

7.2.112	SIP-Request-Timestamp AVP
The SIP-Request-Timestamp AVP (AVP code 834) is of type Time and holds the
time in UTC format of the SIP request (e.g. Invite, Update).
7.2.113	SIP-Response-Timestamp AVP
The SIP-Response-Timestamp AVP (AVP code 835) is of type Time and holds the
time in UTC format of the response to the SIP request (e.g. 200 OK).

bye now!
cristian