Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Initialization order of tshark -z tap listener modules?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:36:02 -0700
Lars Ruoff wrote:

can i expect that init functions (the one registered in
register_tap_listener_xxx with a call to register_stat_cmd_arg)  of
tshark "-z" analysis modules are called in order of command line
declaration (left-to-right)?

That might be what happens now, but there's no guarantee of the order in which the init routines get called.

Is there some case where you need the init routines for two modules be called in a particular order? (Note that, for dissector registration routines, this is handled by having the registration take place in two phases, with all the first-phase routines called before any of the second-phase routines; perhaps something such as that is needed here.)