Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug in register.c generation

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:05:05 -0700
Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a problem with the generation of the register.c file:
>
> jmayer@egg:~/work/wireshark/trunk/epan/dissectors> sort register.c | uniq -c | grep -v " 1 "
>       2
>       2 {
>       2 }
>       2   {extern void proto_register_cisco_oui (void); proto_register_cisco_oui ();}
>       2 void
>
> that block is in there twice. No idea why, it's only once in the cache file.

Are you looking at the strings in the cache file or dumping it out, e.g.
with

  import pickle, pprint
  pprint.pprint(pickle.load(open('epan/dissectors/register-cache.pkl')))

?  I can't find anything that might cause duplicates in
make-dissector-reg.py, but it probably wouldn't hurt to check for
duplicates before we write out the lists of routines.