Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] windows buildbot problem

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:54:17 +0100
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I need your help to fix a problem with the Windows buildbot.
>
> A while ago I made it run the unit tests in the epan directory as part
> of the testing phase. This works fine under Linux, but on windows, the
> test programs don't seem to want to run. They don't give any output -
> they just exit with exit code 53.
>
> Do I need to do anything special to get them to run under windows? I've
> tried to take my cue for their setup from tshark, but I'm not sure what
> I'm missing.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated, anyway. I think it's really
> valuable to be able to run these tests cross-platform; they might have
> caught the bug Luis recently fixed in the exception-handling years ago,
> for instance...

FWIW I had a little look into this (compiling with VS2005) and it
appears to be linker issues.  When I run reassemble_test.exe, it
complains about a missing procedure entry point "_encode_pointer" in
msvcr80.dll.  This appears to be called from zlib1.dll.

Note that I'm also using the rebuilt zlib1.dll required for use with
VS2005.  Wireshark itself runs fine.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice