Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector for OpenVPN

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:06:35 -0700

On Apr 2, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Bill Fassler wrote:

I opened a bug in bugzilla per Guy Harris' request. If I remember correctly it is bug number 1463. I was under the impression that someone on the development team would be assigned and write the dissector for me.

Wireshark isn't run the way commercial software projects tend to be run, with bugs being assigned to a member of the development team officially tasked with fixing the problem; it's more a case of members of the development team picking up items they see when they have time and an interest - Wireshark isn't a day job for many of us.