Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] V0.99.4 Start Capture Closes Wireshark

From: "Jim Young" <SYSJHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:19:18 -0400
Hello Keith,

>>> "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/23/06 6:10 AM >>>
> I am running Wireshark V0.99.4 Pre 1 on WinXP Pro SP2 and have
> just noticed a problem when starting captures. If you use either
> the "Capture Interfaces" or "Show Capture Options", Wireshark
> shuts down.
>
> This did not happen with some of the earlier 0.99.4 SYN builds.

I can confirm that the same problem exists with buildbot versions
SVN 19627 and the most recent SVN 19661.

As soon as I select either of the two menu items or if I click on the
toolbar icon for "List the available capture interfaces..." the
"Please tell Microsoft about this problem" dialog is presented.

I can still successfully "Start" a capture via the interface stored
in my preferences.

FWIW I do NOT see the problem with buildbot SVN 19500.

Have you submitted a bug report yet?

  http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/

Jim Young