Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] problems with fragmented reassembly on tcp

From: Still Life <still.life@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:40:22 +0200
Kristof Provost wrote:

I suspect it will be easier if you use the tcp_dissect_pdus() function.
If you can determine the message length without reading the entire
message (you can) that's the recommended approach.

I can determine the *message* length only when i have already
the complete header.
Immagine if I capture a multiple message packet and immagine
it is fragmented in a point after the end of the ultimate
complete message and before the mesageLenght field of the
broken message:

...|tcpHeader|5555555 5|0000|mesageLenght|messgeId|details|
                     ^Fragmentation

I can't understand how much byte I have to take to complete the PDU.