Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] fopen vs. eth_fopen

From: Shelly Cadora <scadora@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:05:21 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew Feren <acferen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh Good! Maybe you'll solve it before I finish fighting a different fire and
come back to work on this problem again.
;-)
Unlikely!  I am hacking around in here like the forest service in a pine bark beetle infestation.  This will likely take someone who actually knows what they're doing in Windows to really solve it...

Anyway, the good news is that after changing some "eth_mkstemp" and "eth_open" calls to "mkstemp" and "open", I was finally able to capture some packets.  Alas, all is not well.

The main display is fine.  I see five packets with timestamps, source, destination, protocol and info.  The problem is that when I click on a packet to get more detail, I get two pop-up errors that say the same thing: ' An error occurred while reading from the file "D:\blah":  Uncompression error: buffer error. '

So it seems like some function is able to read the temporary capture file enough to display the summary, but some other function that looks at details can't.  Anybody know offhand what these two functions are?  I'm blundering around in the wiretap directory right now, so I'd appreciate any shortcuts.

Thanks,
Shelly

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1�/min.