Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: new dissector for IBM Communication Tools

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:21:21 +0000
Toralf,

Please also change the // comments to /* ones.

Please make it hauristic and test if it looks like ICT and return TRUE
if it does and is dissected or FALSE if it doesnt look like this
protocol and the packet should be given to some other dissector
instead.

Since this protocol appears to be ASCII based a simple enough
heuristic could probably be to just check that the first 4-8 bytes of
the packet are all ASCII characters or something.

Do you have an example capture for this protocol?