Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] question about RTP Streams

From: "Andreina Toro" <andreina.toro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:51:51 -0400
Hello to all, I have some questions, I'm using Wireshark to study the Parameters of Quality of Service for VoIP. I use the option in statistics called "RTP" and then "Show all Streams" my doubt is that I´m confused with some terms.
  • Max Delta
  • Max Jitter
  • Mean Jitter
I´ve read that :

• Delay. When packet delay approaches 150ms, voice quality becomes difficult.

• Jitter must be less than 60ms for minimum voice quality or less than 20ms for toll quality. Other authors believe that Average one-way jitter should be targeted at less than 30 ms.

In Wireshark the Max Delta represents the DELAY?, are these concepts all right? and if Max Jitter is < 30ms is acceptable?

Thanks for your time....

Sincerely yours,

Andreina