Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] newbie building on cygwin, windows... can't find pcap

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:48:24 -0400
Cook, Timothy wrote:
I use MSVC++ v6.0 & Cygwin.  I recently spent better part of a week looking at how to build entirely under Cygwin (just to support one person who has .net 2005).  I finally concluded that it is way too much work.  I opted to install MS Virtual PC (now FREE) & setup an environment that can be moved from host to host (keeping to the copyright laws).

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

What debugger were you going to use, DDD??

...:) I hadn't really thought that far but I was thinking gdb and maybe eclipse? :)

-Tim