Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] plugins: New MPEG dissector

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:51:52 +0000
On 8/26/06, Erwin Rol
So there could be some overlap, and we have to look into removing that
overlap if it is there :-)

Im not sure there is too much overlap.   The patch really seems to
only dissect the actual header and the ID3 tags but not much more  and
as such maybe should be named something else.

What of course would be real interesting is to display the actual
pictures (or sounds), but i don't know how far we can legally go, cause
about every mpeg decoding system is patented :-/

Cant we reassemble the payload into a temporary file and spawn the
webbrowser to display it?