Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ld.so.1: ./ethereal: fatal: libXext.so.0: open failed: No such

From: "William Murphy L (BH/LMI)" <william.l.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:05:50 +0200
Hi,
    I am getting the following error when I run :

/usr/local/bin/ethereal &
ld.so.1: ./ethereal: fatal: libXext.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory

I try to export the display to another machine which I have done successfully. I have also run xhost + on the other machine.

I notice ld.so.1 is in three directories on the machine:

/usr/lib
/usr/lib/sparcv9/
/etc/lib

I dont know where ethereal looks for this particular file ld.so.1. Can I move ld.so.1 to another directory so that ethereal picks it up successfully or am i doing somethin else wrong.

All the correct packages are installed:

gtk+ 1.2.10
glib
zlib