Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] rpcap protocol

From: "Jeroen ." <jeronimo8888@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:15:08 +0200

Hi All,
i am recently looking at the rpcap implementation in winpcap and the possibility of
using ethereal as a remote sniffer tool.

It seems that the rpcap support in the latest version is broken, is there any effor at this moment
of fixing that ?
It could be argued that the problem should be solved in the winpcap source, but windump works like a dream, so it is possible to solve it outside the driver. I believe the driver development has sloved down a bit so (temporarily) solving it outside the driver could be an option.

The latest postings that i found were from way back, so i hope nobody minds me asking.

Thanks,
Jeroen

Play online games with your friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/