Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] DOCSIS filter

From: "Chen, Daniel" <Daniel.Chen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:11:09 -0700

Dear Support,

I have some questions in using Ethereal to capture DOCSIS packet.

I am taking DOCSIS packets from my modem and packing it into Ethernet packet to send out the Ethernet and have it captured by the Ethereal.  But Ethereal recognizes the packet as LLC rather than DOCSIS.  I suspect that I did not put the DOCSIS packet in the correct format.  I know on your website you have listed all the fields that the DOCSIS filter expects, but do you have a more detailed diagram explaining the exact packet layout the DOCSIS filter is expecting. Thanks.

Regards,

Daniel Chen