Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] need help with the ethereal capture file format

From: "Eng Wei Man" <wmeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:35:49 +0800 (MYT)
hi,
   i'm a computer science student, can i know to you have(documentation)
or know any website for the description of this file format type :

* libpcap - libpcap (tcpdump, Ethereal, etc.)
* rh6_1libpcap - Red Hat Linux 6.1 libpcap (tcpdump)
* suse6_3libpcap - SuSE Linux 6.3 libpcap (tcpdump)
* modlibpcap - modified libpcap (tcpdump)
* nokialibpcap - Nokia libpcap (tcpdump)
* lanalyzer - Novell LANalyzer
* ngsniffer - Network Associates Sniffer (DOS-based)
* snoop - Sun snoop
* netmon1 - Microsoft Network Monitor 1.x
* netmon2 - Microsoft Network Monitor 2.x
* ngwsniffer_1_1 - Network Associates Sniffer (Windows-based) 1.1
* ngwsniffer_2_0 - Network Associates Sniffer (Windows-based) 2.00x
* visual - Visual Networks traffic capture

I think you must be familiar with this cause it also the ethereal saving
format and i now try to write the capture format for this file format. I
hope you please to help me.

                                                                 regard
                                                                 wmeng